Re: [gnome-db] Can't set default provider. Is it a bug?

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 11:08, Antonio G. - Geotronix wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Besides the post I sent some week ago regarding the fact that although
> all network connections were possibile with psql, so excluding network
> problems, I could not connect to databases with mergeant.
>
> However I forgot to tell that when a select the provider in the
> 'database settings', for a certain DB, to 'postgres' instead of
> 'default' and 'save' it seems to not work as when I go back to the
> 'database properties ' I still see 'default selected'. Is it that
> because of this I can't connect to the DB? Maybe he tries to use
> 'default' instead of 'postgres' provider.

maybe, since there was a bug in the provider selector widget, which
selected the wrong one. Maybe that's what's happening. Have a look at
your ~/.libgda/config file and see what it's got for the data source you
created.

> I notes another annoying thing. I tried to create a test DB in the
> 'database properties' and when I tried to delete it it just didn't. I
> can't delete the databse entry anymore, as if the delete buttton weren't
> working at all.

hmm, this also should be fixed in 0.8.199. Are you using that one?

> Are these bugs? Will the Woody packages be released as the new version
> comes out?

yes, Akira usually has the debian packages ready soon after the release,
so I suppose he will do the same again.