[gnome-db] Re: daemon minero de datos

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 13:34, Juanjo García Carré wrote:
> ¡Saludos!
>
> Well... I will write in english (for the record,
> though you can answer me in spanish if you want).
>
> I am planning to make an application using libgda.
>
> It will be an AI daemon -in C- that will examine
> databases looking for redundancies, relationships
> among data, patterns, etc.
> in order to draw conclusions that it will put out
> in a constantly updated web-report.
>
> Some kind of 'data mining' or 'Business Intelligence'
> (this last term sounds like oxymoron to me :) program,
> with the difference that it should be able to
> work on ANY database, being completely generic.

sounds a nice project to have.

> Is there already any similar free project, even distantly
> related, that you knew about?

no, I don't know of any free software that does this, althought there
might be something already done. But based on libgda, there's nothing.

> Please feel free to forward this message to any mail
> list you consider could help me.

forwarded to gnome-db-list :-)

> Answers should go with  Cc: juanjo eurogaran com
>
> Thank you for de documentation for libgda

nice to hear it is good enough that people understand it. Thanks go
specially to Xabier, who did the latest update to the docs to make them
really useful.

Any other question you have, don't hesitate contacting the mailing list
for advice. Also, once you've got a URL, tell me and I'll add a link to
the program on the gnome-db web page.