[gnome-db] Building libgda on Windows

Hello,

I found out that FreeTDS in cvs builds on Windows using Cygwin now.  It
builds the shared libraries (DLLs) as well.  Maybe that could help us
getting libgda to build shared libraries on Cygwin too.  The FreeTDS DLLs on
Cygwin have "cyg" in the front of their name for some strange reason.

Here are the FreeTDS libraries:
tds:
libtds_objects.a
libtds.a
libtds_objects.la
libtds.dll.a
cygtds-1.dll
libtds.la
libtds.lai

dblib:
libsybdb.a
libsybdb.la
cygsybdb-2.dll
libsybdb.dll.a
libsybdb.lai

ctlib:
cygct-0.dll
libct.dll.a
libct.lai
libct.a
libct.la

Another possibility, I have mentioned to Rodrigo before, is to create make
files by hand for Cygwin.  Call these files makefile.cygwin and they would
have to be manually updated to point to your prefix, database libraries,
dependencies such as glib-2.0, and libxml2, etc...
I don't know where to start on this.  It would probably be best to create
makefiles by hand to build on Linux, and with these makefiles, base the
Cygwin makefiles off of the Linux makefiles.

Here is something I could use to build libgda on Cygwin:
gcc -shared -fPIC -DPIC libgda_objects.o -o libgda-2.dll
`pkg-config --cflags --libs glib-2.0` -lany_other_libs

Need to take account for -DDEFINES switches too.

The last time I tried to build libgda on cygwin, it could not find the
PostgreSQL nor MySQL headers/libraries even though I provided the path to
them.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Daniel