Re: [gnome-db] libgda compilation problem on redhat 8

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 00:22, Josh Steiner wrote:
> hello people, I've been looking forward to trying out all of the
> gnome-db stuff for a while now, but have been stuck in windows land
> using ms access... I finally got a pause in my work to let me do a fresh
> install of redhat 8 (*very* slick if you havnt tried it yet) and am
> running into an error trying to build libgda.  it looks like i am
> missing "sql:
>
> cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory "/usr/include"
> cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system
> directory
> In file included from gda-odbc-provider.c:25:
> gda-odbc.h:35:17: sql.h: No such file or directory
> gda-odbc.h:36:20: sqlext.h: No such file or directory

those files belong to unixODBC/libiobdc. So, install unixodbc-devel or
libiodbc-devel, whichever you prefer.

What is wrong in libgda though is that it seems to be trying to build
the ODBC provider without having found the header files, which is wrong.
I'll take a look at it.