[gnome-db] Free Download of Sybase SQL Server for Linux

I thought gnome-db people maybe interested.

I found this on the freetds mail list.

-----Original Message-----
From: bounce-freetds-143938 franklin metalab unc edu
[mailto:bounce-freetds-143938 franklin metalab unc edu] On Behalf Of
Michael Peppler
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 9:04 AM
To: TDS Development Group
Subject: [freetds] Re: public sybase server

On Wed, 2002-05-29 at 05:25, Brian Bruns wrote:

> Unfortunately, that is the only one i know of...i create stuff in
tempdb
> on that server.  You can get a free copy of Sybase 11.0.3 for Linux if
you
> search for it, I believe redhat packaged it.  It's a bit on the large
size
> and a bit dated, but it's generally good enough.

http://linux.sybase.com will get you free downloads of various Sybase
servers for linux (11.0.3.3, 11.9.2, 12.5). 11.0.3.3 is free for just
about any use, 11.9.2 is free for development only, 12.5 is an eval
license.

Michael

> On Wed, 29 May 2002, ZIGLIO Frediano wrote:
>
> > I had to made some test on sybase server. Where can I find a public
sybase
> > server? Server described in freetds.conf is full (you cannot create
new
> > data, you can only make query)
> >
> > freddy77
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [mpeppler peppler org]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
leave-freetds-91463H franklin oit unc edu
mpeppler peppler org           *or*          mpeppler mbay net
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
International Sybase User Group: http://www.isug.com

---
You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [danmorg sc rr com]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to leave-freetds-143938A franklin oit unc edu