Re: [gnome-db] questions related to the SQL parser

On Fri, 2002-05-03 at 00:48, Fernando Martins wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I was reading the posts regarding the SQL parser and I've a few questions:
>
> - will the libgda providers be able to use this parser to read standard SQL
> 99 and convert it to the proper dialect?

yes

> - I thought gnome-db was using sqlite http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/ This
> already includes a parser (besides the engine). What's wrong with it?

we've got a SQLite provider, which is optional. The parser it contains
just supports a very small subset of SQL, AFAIK.

> - also, there is a GTK+ based project with a (very incomplete) SQL parser
> and engine http://mdbtools.sourceforge.net/ Had you seen it?

yes

> BTW, the main goal of this last project is to read MS Access MDB files. This
> in itself would be a killer feature to gnome-db...

yes, in fact, we started a provider for mdbtools a long time ago (2
years or so), but never had somebody really working on it, so it's been
abandoned since then.