Re: [gnome-db] Name proposal/contest for gnome-db/gASQL

    Rodrigo> On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 23:06, Fernando Martins wrote:
    >>
    >> I know too little about CVS, so forgive me if this is wrong, but if egnima
    >> is the name chosen to merge gnome-db and gASQL, would it not be more logical
    >> to leave the modules libgda, libgnomedb, gnomedbfe and gASQL as they are and
    >> put egnima as a virtual module to CVS?
    >>
    Rodrigo> hmm, I don't know what would be better. Anyone has any comments?

the virtule module idea is good then checking out all three would be
as easy as co egnima :)
(that is if my understanding of virtual modules is correct)

    >> Both the browser from gnome-db and gASQL appear similar (because there is a
    >> common point visible which is the DBMS) but still they are different (have
    >> different goals). Both concepts (DBMS management and app development) are
    >> useful. But it appears to me that the integration should clarify how to best
    >> put them together.
    >>
    >> Or am I completely out of context?
    >>
    Rodrigo> no, you are right. The only problem is that we need somebody to write
    Rodrigo> the docs and keep them updated along with the website.

    Rodrigo> cheers

i could help with the website and possible with the docs too
i have had a bit of experince with websites mostly programming for them
(i am part of the XEmacs web team to name the one most known)

--
 XEmacs Advocate | Do not try the patience of Wizards,
 FreeBSD Devote  | for they are subtle and quick to anger.