[gnome-db] Re: gnome-db/gASQL status

On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 13:58, Malerba_Vivien stna dgac fr wrote:
> Le ven 07/06/2002 à 16:31, Rodrigo Moya a écrit :
> > yes, it might be better to have it separated. I'll have something in my
> > head tonight, and hopefully start implementing it.
> >
> > BTW, the new GnomeDbBrowser is now in CVS :-) Please try it and tell me
> > what you think should be added/removed/changed.
> >

> It's taken me some time because I've had to install the Gnome2 framework
> on my box (an old Linux) and it is quite difficult when you don't have
> the right versions of the GNU tools.
>
> I think the widget it pretty nice like that and this is almost the
> widget I need for Egnima, but:
> * I only need the object selector part of the widget (not the notebook)
> and so I think it should be split;

yes, I'm writing it as a separate widget. Although, as I'm out of town
now, I haven't had much time. But I hope to commit something during this
week.

> * There is not, for the tables and views, the list of fields for each
> table or view which is something I would need;

yes, the new widget will let you do that.

> * because I would like to insert a queries sub-part in the tree view,
> I'd like to have a function which does the same as the static
> add_schema_objects() but which takes a GtkTreeStore instead of a
> GdaConnectionSchema (so I can prepare a GtkTreeStore and give it to the
> widget which will display it correctly).

hmm, gnome_db_model_to_gtk_tree_view does not do what you want? (in
gnome-db-model.h)

> * I would like to have one optional more column to write down some
> information (like a description for example of each object).

yes., I think the best way would be to use a tree-like data model, so
you'll be able to add any fields you need.

> Also, with more time to think about it, I believe we really need this as
> a new widget rather than a specified Grid widget.

yes, that's what I'm doing, since it seems somewhat tricky to do it on
the grid.

Rodrigo Moya, rodrigo at ximian.com, rodrigo at gnome-db.org
http://www.ximian.com
http://www.gnome-db.org