Re: [gnome-db] libgda/gnome-db 0.2.95 released

On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 12:00, Malerba_Vivien stna dgac fr wrote:
> le ven 25-01-2002 à 01:45, Rodrigo Moya a écrit :
> > On Fri, 2002-01-25 at 01:37, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > > GNOME-DB/libGDA 0.2.95 have been released.
> > >
> > as before, please Vivien, make a new release. This fix also affects
> > gASQL, and may affect it even more, as I removed some useless code in
> > the error management, that seems to be used in gASQL.
> >
> > I'm trying right now to compile and run gASQL with this new version.
> > I'll keep you informed of any error I find.
>
> I've put a new version which is basically a rename of the previous one.
> I just detected a slight little bug with the error reporting which does
> not display the error itself, but just the error dialog. Except if it
> really is a problem for someone, I prefer to spend my time working on
> the next version of gASQL (work is going on...)

oops, I am sorry I forgot to explain the change I did, which is that I
completely removed the use of 'errors_head' member in the GdaConnection
object. And also, although it still exists, gda_connection_get_errors is
completely useless right now, which is what you are using in gASQL to
display the errors.

The way it works (which is how it's been working for a long time,
although the other stuff was still in the API; sorry, my fault :-() is
via the "error" signal in GdaConnection. So, when creating a
GdaConnection, you should just connect to that signal, and in the
callback, display the errors you receive as parameters.

If you tell me where the error handling code in gASQL is, I'll try to
provide a patch for making it work the correct way.