Re: [gnome-db] compiling gnome - db-1.85 stuff

Just --enable-prefer-db1, but that doesn't work.
grepped this out of the changelog:
ChangeLog: * configure.in: Added support for db1 emulation in Berkeley DB3.
ChangeLog:      DB3 needs --enable-compat185.
ChangeLog:      dbopen.  Correctly set DB_LIBS to `-ldb', not `-ldl'.
I suppose it might be a good idea to get 1.4.1.4, it must be something that is still being tweaked if it's in the changelog. Unless configure isn't searching for includes in /usr/local, but I didn't see an option to specify additional headers, just --includedir= which is where the gnome include files are going, I suppose. The linker knows about /usr/local/lib, can you make configure search for headers in unusual places by passing an option or setting an environment variable?