RE: [gnome-db] cygwin update

Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> fmartins wrote:
> > In /usr/local/lib/libgda/providers I have:
> >
> > libgda-default.a
> > libgda-default.la
> > libgda-postgres.a
> > libgda-postgres.la
> >
> ok, this means that the postgres libraries have been found and that the
> postgres provider has been compiled and installed successfully.

Hmm, why is it that Margus had DLL files and I did not?

BTW, what's the difference between .a and .la files (or a link for info on
it)?

> Ok, so now it is the developers' turn to fix that, by adding to the
> provider loading code the needed stuff to load either a .so or a .la or
> a .dll, whichever is available.

Hmm again :-), I read the code giving problems:

gda_config_get_provider_list (void)
	ext = g_strrstr (name, ".");
	if (!ext)
		continue;
	if (strcmp (ext, ".so"))
		continue;

	path = g_build_path (G_DIR_SEPARATOR_S, LIBGDA_PLUGINDIR,
				     name, NULL);
	handle = g_module_open (path, G_MODULE_BIND_LAZY);
	if (!handle) {

and made the obvious hack of replacing .so by .la. It didn't work, it
doesn't get the handler.

Maybe related, I have also have problems with path names when calling

	dir = g_dir_open (LIBGDA_PLUGINDIR, 0, &err);

LIBGDA_PLUGINDIR is defined (at configure time) as

	\\usr\\local\\lib\\libgda\\providers

I've to do:

	dir = g_dir_open ("D:\\cygwin\\usr\\local\\lib\\libgda\\providers", 0,
&err);

I suspect this is a problem with the way glib is compiled (cygwin or
windows) but had not the time to research it further.

Regards,

Fernando