Re: [gnome-db] Updates to Postgres provider

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 17:19, Vivien MALERBA wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've been working on the updates to the postgres provider regarding the
> extended schemas (Bug 84357). I've also looked at what the MySQL
> provider does and the docs. Here what I have modified/implemented so
> far:
>
> * GDA_CONNECTION_SCHEMA_TYPES:
> No param taken into account (that should be added), the returned set
> holds the following columns:
>      - unique ID for the data type (actually a Postgres OID)
>      - type name
>      - owner name
>      - type description

shouldn't here the type name be the first field, as we do for the
currently implemented schemas. I think it is better to have the name as
the first field, since it is the field which will be used the most in
applications.

The same comment for the other schemas having the ID as the first field.
The rest looks perfect to me.

> This differs slightly from what the libgda doc says, but I need the
> extra infos for Mergeant. How about updating the sets returned by the
> other providers to be the same as for Postgres?

I'll do it in mysql. But, anyway, it would be nice if you could upgrade
the documentation on this (libgda/doc/C/libgda-docs.sgml), so that it
gets written for people working on providers, and to avoid confusion.

> Also, there is no Id column returned for the TABLES, FIELDS (for a given
> table), VIEWS and SEQUENCES because their name should be unique; if you
> have any example where this is not the case, tell me and we will change
> that.

I don't know any case