Re: [gnome-db] refactoring completed

On Sun, 2002-04-28 at 05:31, mr mike wrote:
> > * now writing new providers is really easy, so anybody wanting to add a
> > new provider, please do. Also, help on the incomplete ones (Oracle,
> > ODBC, Interbase, Sybase, etc) would be appreciated.
>
> Hey all,
>
> The Sybase provider works, i'm trying to clean it up before i submit it.

cool!

> As soon as the non corba libgda works ok, let me know and i'll get the
> Sybase stuff working and mail it.

so, this means it does work with the CORBA-based architecture, right? If
so, it should almost work with the non-CORBA-based. For porting the
provider, you'll need:

* use GdaConnection instead of GdaServerConnection
* use GdaRecordset instead of GdaServerRecordset
* use GdaDataModelArray instead of GdaServerRecordsetModel
* add a libmain.c file to the provider which has to contain the
functions that will be called by libgda for each provider:
	const gchar *plugin_get_name (void) -> return "Sybase"
	const gchar *plugin_get_description (void) -> return "A description"
	GList *plugin_get_connection_params (void) -> return a list of the
parameters the provider accepts in the connection string
	GdaServerProvider *plugin_create_provider (void) -> return
gda_sybase_provider_new ();
* remove the GNOME_*.server.in file, not needed anymore
* convert the provider to a library (see providers/postgres/Makefile.am)

And I think that's all. I'll be working on the problem there was on
gda-recordset.c today, so I hope to have everything working perfectly by
the time you submit it.

thanks a lot for your work!