Re: [gnome-db] Very strange problem with gnomedb-0.2.90 on FreeBSD 4.4-RC

On Thu, 2001-09-27 at 14:15, Dmitry Dorofeev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've compiled gnomedb-0.2.90 under FreeBSD 4.4-RC
> without any problems from ports collection.
>
> I have:
> bonobo-1.0.8
> oaf-0.6.6
> gconf-1.0.4
> ORBit-0.5.8
> libgda-0.2.90
> glib-1.2.10
> gtk-1.2.10
>
> But when I run gnomedb-fe I see very strange message:
>
> bash-2.02$ gnomedb-fe
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0
>

> ----------------------------------
> All other Gtk Applications are working fine including gimp
> and xchat. Seems that it is something wrong
> with bonobo/oaf/gconf stuff, but that is very new for me
> and I have no idea what commands to run to check my setup.
>
> Any idea what might be wrong here ?
>
> Ready to send any kind of logs/files/program ouputs.

oops, strange problem, already reported some weeks ago on this list (see
the archives). As far as I remember, there was not a clear solution,
since this seems not a problem related with gnome-db directly, but with
the packages or any other dependency.

So, I can't think of a solution, since I don't have a FreeBSD system to
test it. Anyone using FreeBSD has any idea?