Re: [gnome-db] Interbase Provider

On Mon, 2001-10-29 at 05:27, gonzalo wrote:
> I am have trying to make work the interbase provider, with the actual
> version of
> Interbase (6.0). Is work in progress, and need help... Any volunters?
> Send attached gda-interbase-connection.c with the following
> improvements:
> * Now connect to Interbase!!! (previous version show error -902 and not
> work).
> The dsn is only the path/file of the base (Ex: /home/bases/prueba.gdb)
> not FILE=.. or
> PATH=.. (How must be?)

it should be using some VARIABLE=/path/to/file.gdb, since this $VARIABLE
is needed for the new DSN wizard, to know which parameters the provider
accepts. So, please change it to accept a string of this form. Then, in
the connection_open function you can parse the string using a
GdaQuarkList (in libgda/lib/gda-common).
Also, using this kind of connection string will allow you to add more
parameters in the future, if it needs to.
BTW, any parameter you add to this string must also be added to the
.oaf.in file for the interbase provider, by addding a "gda_params"
oaf_sttribute. See mysql or postgres' oaf.in files for an example.

> * Use the user name and password for connect with the base (default for
> Interbase is user:SYSDBA,
>   passwd:masterkey)
> * Display error messages more descriptives.
> * Try to read the schema of the base, but not work.
> I have a problem with gda-interbase-command or gda-interbase-recordset

that is great! thanks a lot! I'll have a look at it this evening