Re: [gnome-db] gnome db & rh 7.2

On Sun, 2001-10-28 at 20:08, Will LaShell wrote:
> In confdefs.h
>
> we have #include <bonobo/gnome-object.h>
>
> this file doesn't exist I do have bonobo-devel installed.

hmm, this is a generated file in the tarball. I'll have a look at it.

> On Sun, 2001-10-28 at 11:25, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> >
> > What problems are you having? 0.2.93
> > (ftp://ftp.gnome-db.org/pub/gnome-db/sources/0.2.93 seemed to work
> > perfectly well on a RH 7.x machine, except for the final RPM building,
> > which was failing on the documentation files. Is it too different 7.2
> > from the previous ones?
> >
> > As I said, all bug-fixing will still be allowed in the stable branch, as
> > well as development if somebody wants to.
>
> *nod*

:-)
I don't want to do this, but time doesn't allow me to work on my
real-life job, and on 2 versions of gnome-db. So, the solution for this
would be to have somebody take care of the stable version and fix what
is broken in it.

> > About the time frame for the refactoring, I hope to have it ready some
> > time before the actual GNOME 2.0 release. This weekend I've done a lot
> > of ground work, so I hope to have, next time I've got time to hack on
> > it, the first basic working version. Once libgda is refactored, the
> > GNOME-DB part will be very easy.
> >
> > BTW, I'm sure you will like that the first provider I'm refactoring is
> > the MySQL one :-)
>
> The MySQL one and the Postgresql ones are the two I really want hehe. I
> actually have introduced postgresql to work here, and we are developing
> a new application using it. It's going very well so far.

well, my plan is to start with only one, and I chose MySQL because it
was broken, so it needs a rewriting. But, as soon as everything works
with MySQL, Postgres will be next.