Re: [gnome-db] gnome db & rh 7.2

On Sun, 2001-10-28 at 19:07, Will LaShell wrote:
> Hey guys, okay since Rodrigo made his announcement, will compilation
> problems with RedHat 7.2 be loooked at in the stable branch? What kind
> of time frame for the refactoring / gnome2 release can we expect

Hi Will!

What problems are you having? 0.2.93
(ftp://ftp.gnome-db.org/pub/gnome-db/sources/0.2.93 seemed to work
perfectly well on a RH 7.x machine, except for the final RPM building,
which was failing on the documentation files. Is it too different 7.2
from the previous ones?

As I said, all bug-fixing will still be allowed in the stable branch, as
well as development if somebody wants to.

About the time frame for the refactoring, I hope to have it ready some
time before the actual GNOME 2.0 release. This weekend I've done a lot
of ground work, so I hope to have, next time I've got time to hack on
it, the first basic working version. Once libgda is refactored, the
GNOME-DB part will be very easy.

BTW, I'm sure you will like that the first provider I'm refactoring is
the MySQL one :-)