Re: [gnome-db] A very empty gnomedb-fe

On Mon, 2001-11-05 at 15:31, Aditya Gilra wrote:
> ||Shriharih||
>
> God-Remembrance.
>
> > yes, the problem is that OAF (Object Activation
> > Framework) can't find
> > the gnome-db/libgda's .oaf files. Where have you
> > installed
> > libgda/gnome-db?
>
> I did the standard ./configure make make install.
> Install is at /usr/local.
> But the .oaf files didn't get installed. I looked at
> the makefiles and GDA-oafdir was set to
> NONE/share/oaf.
> Same for GNOMEDB_oafdir.
> .oaf were going into a relative path NONE/share/oaf
> not into /usr/local/share/oaf.

?? what version are you using? It should be installing stuff in
$(datadir)/oaf, where $datadir is, normally, $prefix/share. Maybe you
had some problem with the configure script?

Could you send me the output of configure?

> > You've got 2 solutions:
> > * copy $prefix/share/oaf/GNOME*.oaf /usr/share/oaf
> > * export
> > OAF_INFO_PATH="$prefix/share/oaf:/usr/share/oaf"
> > (being $prefix the prefix where you installed
> > gnome-db/libgda)
> >

> I copied the .oaf files (from the separate
> sub-diretories as they didn't get installed) into
> /usr/share/oaf and the second solution too. But this
> doesn't work.

hmm, maybe restarting oafd, as Will suggests? I had never to do that,
but it seems Will had to do it, so please try it yourself.