Re: [gnome-db] A very empty gnomedb-fe

On Mon, 2001-11-05 at 04:40, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Mon, 2001-11-05 at 11:12, Aditya Gilra wrote:
> > ||Shriharih||
> >
> > God-Remembrance.
> >
> > I dnlded and installed the 0.2.92 versions of libgda,
> > gnome-db and gasql.
> >
> > On running gnomedb-fe, the app is quite empty apart
> > from the menu. It is was quite full in 0.2.10. By
> > empty I mean
> > 1. There's only a menubar.
> > 2. The menubar has only 1 'actual' item at
> > file->new->database.
> > But even that doesn't allow me to configure a DSN. And
> > without a DSN, I can't work anywhere.
> >
> > gasql has a settings->database manager menu-item. But
> > cliking that gives me a pop-up saying 'Can't find
> > Gnome-DB Manager Component.' And this error on the
> > console -
> > Message: Successfully registered
> > `OAFIID:Bonobo_Moniker_std_Factory'
> >
> > Bonobo-WARNING **: Activation exception 'Unknown CORBA
> > exception id: 'IDL:OAF/GeneralError:1.0''
> >
> > What's wrong???
> >
> > If I just run gnomedb-mgr on its own it registers
> > suessfully.
> >
> yes, the problem is that OAF (Object Activation Framework) can't find
> the gnome-db/libgda's .oaf files. Where have you installed
> libgda/gnome-db?
>
> You've got 2 solutions:
> * copy $prefix/share/oaf/GNOME*.oaf /usr/share/oaf
> * export OAF_INFO_PATH="$prefix/share/oaf:/usr/share/oaf"
> (being $prefix the prefix where you installed gnome-db/libgda)

I remember that you and I had this problem when I did my install
rodrigo. The problem then in addition to this was that oaf & gconf had
to be restarted. Has this been improved any? Also, is there any way
configure wise to make this more intelligent? It's very frustrating to
have things going to the wrong directory paths. A manual work around
such as this should not be necessary.