Re: [gnome-db]Introductions and Proposed Changes

On 07 May 2001 19:30:52 -0400, Ian D.Stewart wrote:
> On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 03:34:51PM +0200, Reinhard Müller wrote:
> >
> > > I am wondering if you,
> > > or anybody else has gotten an opportunity to implement these changes, or if I
> > > should take them as my 'marching orders', so to speak.
> >
> > As far as I can tell nothing has been implemented. However, the most
> > important point IMHO would be implementing GObject signal handling as
> > this is available meanwhile. This would make the GTK-less version usable
> > finally.
>
> Actually, I've written a new 'class', GdaObject, which encapsulates most of the
> differences between Gtk 1.2 and GLib 1.3 (about the only thing I wasn't able to
> encapsulate was the different signatures of the various class and instance init
> functions), including signal emmissions.  I'm in the process of migrating the
> current code over to GdaObject.  Once that is complete, I'll make my changes
> available.
>
> Also, if anybody has ideas for encapsulating the function signatures (short of
> re-implementing GObject), I'm all ears.

you can do, for instance, a gda_object_new_class which gets 2 function pointers,
one for the class_init func and one for the init func. And then, have 2
generic gda_object_class_init and gda_object_init functions which will
call those function pointers.

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/