Re: [gnome-db]gnome-db CVS debs!

On 07 May 2001 08:58:32 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> DISCLAIMER:  I'm not a developer,  just a documentation guy.  So my problems are probably the result of my own ignorance,  but I have read the documentation.
>
> Do one is producing RPMs from the snapshots by chance?  GNOME-DB seems to have made big strides lately (escpecially with the inclusion of a default provider),  but I can't seem to get the CVS checkout to compile.  According to the readme file I need to change to libgda and do and autogen.sh there first,  but it gives me no joy:

yes, there have been quite some additions to the code, and no,
unfortunately nobody is doing RPMs :-(
We've got a person who can make the packages for RH 7, but we have to
provide him scripts and such to make it automatically, without him
having to worry about anything :-(

But, as I haven't got time, I haven't done the scripts, which should be
really easy to do. So, if somebody could write a little script which
builds RPMs out of CVS, I'll talk  with that person so that we've got
regular snapshots.

Anyway, the compilation problems may be similar to what I'm getting
lately, due, it seems, to a new version of gettext. First, try replacing
AM_GNU_GETTEXT with AM_GNOME_GETTEXT, in both gnome-db and libgda's
configure.in. If not, try removing po from SUBDIRS, but you won't get
any translation :-(

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/