[gnome-db]Re: [Gnome-print] what's happening in HEAD

Hi

[this message comes from gnome-print-list]

> 2. Separation of libgnomeprint and libgnomeprintx
> These are built separately at moment. Some hackish code is shared at moment, until I
> find the right palce for it.

ok, so now gnome-print (in CVS HEAD) is separated into non-X and X parts, so it's time that

we have a look if the non-X part can make the work for our report
engine. That is, the report engine
would be responsible for rendering the report output into different
formats (PDF, PS, HTML, ...), and some of this, I think, is already done
by gnome-print (specially the PS/PDF stuff).

If gnome-print does not make the job, we should start looking at the
other alternative that was proposed: was it XSLT/Jade?

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/