Re: [gnome-db]Build problems

On 01 Jun 2001 19:19:51 +0200, Gerhard Dieringer wrote:
> Am 2001.05.29 03:05 schrieb(en) Rodrigo Moya:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Gerhard please, have a look at this mail, since we're having some
> > problems with the XSLT stuff you added to libxmlquery. We can't be using
> > yet libxml2 everywhere, so this poses the problem of linking against
> > both libraries, if available, or against libxml1 only
> >

> Hi Rodrigo,
>
> the new version of libxmlquery uses libxslt and this uses libxml2. But I
> don't think
> that this is a real problem. You can install them both (as I did) and this
> works
> fine because the include files are in different directories:
>
> includes:
> libxml:  {prefix}/include/gnome-xml
> libxml2: {prefix}/include/libxml
>
> and the libraries have diffent names:
>
> libraries:
> libxml.so
> libxml2.so
>
> IMHO using XSLT to translate XML to something differnt (SQL in this case)
> is the only
> usefull solution.

oh, yes, you're right. I'm not meaning to remove the XSLT stuff. Of course,
I think it's the best way to go. I'm just trying to find a solution for all these
compile problems people are having.

So, I've taken the easiest solution for now, which is to not build the libxmlquery at all
for this 0.2.9 release, since it's not being even used anywhere. Of course, this
will happen only for this new version, and as soon as it's released, I'll work
on finding the right solution, specially since I plan to start using this
libxmlqiery stuff as soon as 0.2.9 is released.

So, the tarball with the libxmlquery disabled is now available at the usual
place:

	ftp://ftp.gnome-db.org/pub/gnome-db/sources/0.2.9/

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/