Re: [gnome-db]gnome-db and Report Writing

On 30 Jul 2001 08:38:37 +0200, Alvaro del Castillo wrote:
> El d_ 27 Jul 2001 10:18:48 +0200, Carlos Perelló Marín escribi_
> > El d_ 26 Jul 2001 23:38:33 -0400, Daniel Morgan escribi_
> > > I wonder if anyone has considered a Report Writing tool for GNOME Office
> > > that has features found in Crystal Reports?
> > >

> > This is my work at gnome-db ;-)
> >

> > > GNOME Basic which will be the VBA like script found in GNOME Office can
> > > be used for scripting purposes in a Report Writing tool.
> > >

> > Well, I think that we should use Python for that tasks, the GNOME Basic
> > is being developed to let import all Microsoft Office documents without
> > problems and we should use it only for compatibility with other
> > programs.
>
> Python or Perl? I think that GDA has bindings for Perl now so it has to
> be taken in account no?

yes, in fact we started the perl bindings because we believe Perl/python are the
best options for scripting language.
As I said in a previous mail, it would also be nice to have support for
VBA (and any other language), if somebody puts work on it. But, IMO,
Perl/Python are the best choices