Re: [gnome-db]gnome-db and Report Writing

>Well, I think that we should use Python for that tasks, the GNOME Basic
> is being developed to let import all Microsoft Office documents without
> problems and we should use it only for compatibility with other
> programs.

Python sounds fine.  I only mentioned GNOME Basic as a way to create scripts
for writing quick reports.

There are non-programmers at my company that create reports from an Access
database program.  The database contains VBA.   The VBA script is simple
enough to create reports by non-programmers and still powerful for
programmers.   The language is not really that important as long as it is
easy to script a report.

> At this moment we don't have anything useful, but you can see our actual
> work at libgda/report

Ok... I will go take a look see...

Do you have anything more recent?   What programming skills will you need
for this?

Also, by the way, I am just learning about GNOME-DB.  So, don't be too hard
on me... hehehe
I would like to know if there is a GNOME-DB "provider" for Oracle databases.
This is something I definitely am interested in taking a look at.
What sparked my interest in GNOME-DB is the fact that it is something like
the ADO / OLE DB model used by Windows.  Currently, I still have a lot of
assumptions about GNOME-DB. So, please excuse the ignorance.