Re: [gnome-db]New article on GNOME-DB

On 10 Jul 2001, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

[...]

> > I think I probably still have write access to the CVS archive. If you
> > would like me to check in my example programs, I'd be happy to do
> > that.  If I do so, where should I put them?
> >
> yes, I also think your CVS account will still be available, so, please, add the
> examples yourself. The best place to put them would be a new directory
> in gnome-db/test, where your old sample programs should have been moved
> some time ago, when we did the separation

Thanks - I created the gnome-db/test directory, and added db_login and
db_gui.

These examples are not integrated into the gnome-db build and install
process.  I think it's best to leave them this way, since users can learn
how to use gnomedb-config to write Makefiles for their own applications.
I have always had trouble figuring this out from examples that are
integrated into the configuration and install process of a free software
package, since they generally make references to the source tree (rather
than using *-config to find stuff).

Cheers,

Brian