Re: [gnome-db]Re: To contribute with gnome-db

Hi All,

My name is Jorge Ferrer and this is my first mail to the list, although
I've been listening for two months. I'd really love to help to the
gnome-db project so I'll use the mail written by Rodrigo to Anderson to
say where I believe that I can help.

On 16 Jan 2001, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> * web site: it's orphaned, nobody takes care of it, so it would be great
> if you help on this, since I
> myself don't have time right now.

I have some experience creating web pages including graphic design and
languajes such as HTML, XML+XSL, etc. I've used JSP and Zope but I'm not
really used to using PHP which is what the gnome-db site is using. But it
doesn't matter, I'll learn. So if everybody agrees I can be responsible
of the webpage, although I'd thank help from anybody. I believe this is a
good way to get started with the project.

Is there a list of things that need to be done? If not, maybe it would be
a good idea to write one (maybe concatenating ideas from mails?). IMHO we
should try to integrate our site (in terms of appearance and
organization) a bit more into the gnome web site
which is being redesigned. What do you think about this idea?

> * documentation: translate it or improve the existing one

I can also try to help with this part, improving the existing
documentation or translating it to spanish. I can write down things as I
learn about them if I see they are not already in the documentation.

> * finish the XML Database stuff: this is a set of functions to allow
> programmatic access to XML files
> that describe a given dataabse. This XML format will be used for
> importing/exporting data between
> unrelated RDBMS, so also an export/import tool should be written.

I really like this part of the project, so I hope I can help with it. But
I'll need to learn a lot before being able to do it. I also like the idea
about de DB Designer so if anybody starts doing it I can try to help.

I don't know yet how much time I'll have to do what I have promised, but
I'll try to dedicate the project at least a few hours every week.

see you,
	Jorge

| Jorge Ferrer Zarzuela                |
| Web: www.jorgeferrer.com             |
| jferrer ieeesb etsit upm es          |