Re: [gnome-db]Re: [Glade-devel] how to extend gnome-db support?

Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> what about the GnomeDbDataControl we talked about? it could be a GtkInvisible-based
> widget which you can put in your window, and then have the other GnomeDb widgets
> reference that widget?

I like the idea of having a 'Data Source' object which all the DB
widgets
get their DB configuration info from.

But it is a bit harder to use invisible widgets like you can in
Delphi/VB,
due to the container-based layout that GTK+ uses. Where do you put the
invisible widget?

Maybe we should just have a 'Data Source' property for each GnomeDB
widget
in which you select a named data source (possibly using a GtkCombo).
It could also have a '...' button on the right where you can create/edit
the data source information. And we could also have a menu command
'Edit Data Sources' or something.

Damon