Re: [gnome-db]gnome-db web

On 03 Feb 2001 01:17:27 +0100, Jorge Ferrer Zarzuela wrote:

> On 30 Jan 2001, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
>
> > > I've already made some changes. Please take a look at them at:
> > >
> > > http://213.96.219.184/
> > >
> > > Main changes are in the index.php page. I've added the news (manually yet)
> > > and direct links to download ftp directories and the manuals. I've used
> > > some of tigert's icons. If you don't like having icons I'll remove them
> > > (but they are easier to hit than text, aren't they?).
> > >
> > It looks great!!!
> >
> > Do you want that your 213.96.219.184 IP get the requests from
> > test.gnome-db.org ?
> >
> Well, I'm trying that IP address to be my own domain jorgeferrer.com
> (although I don't get BIND to work). I believe that Apache can handle two
> different domains in the same IP address, but I don't know how to do it.
> I can keep using the that computer to put the test pages even if it
> doesn't have a domain anyway.

yes, it's possible, just add the following to your apache's httpd.conf
file:

NameVirtualHost your.ip.address

<VirtualHost your.ip.address>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/www.gnome-db.org
    ServerName gnome-db.you.domain
    php_admin_value include_path "/var/www/www.gnome-db.org/include"
</VirtualHost>

just change the directories to match your settings.

Also, you'll have to add the gnome-db.your.domain host to the /etc/hosts
file, if it's not there yet.