Re: [gnome-db]gnome-db web

Hi,

On 1 Feb 2001, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> > That would be great. Anyway I've thought of a simpler way to give the
> > stats (and other external page) a gnome-db look with a simple php page
> > which adds the header and footer and includes the file (I've already coded
> > it, just 3 lines of code). This could be used for the online documentation
> > too.
> >

> yes, please, do it :)

I still want to figure out how to do this in a way that doesn't involve
modifying manually the documentation HTML version pages of every new
version, but I'll do it that way this time.

> > I've already made some changes. Please take a look at them at:
> >
> > http://213.96.219.184/
> >
> > Main changes are in the index.php page. I've added the news (manually yet)
> > and direct links to download ftp directories and the manuals. I've used
> > some of tigert's icons. If you don't like having icons I'll remove them
> > (but they are easier to hit than text, aren't they?).
> >
> > I've also added a few pixels of space among the options in the menu so
> > that it's harder to click the wrong item.
> >

> well, please go on, that page you've made is right now millions of times
> better than the current one at www.gnome-db.org ! And yes, please, use
> icons, and give it more color if you don't like the grey/white/black
> current look
>
> nice work!

Thanks! :-) I'll keep making changes to improve the look&feel, but I won't
change the colors until the gnome-web team completes the design of the new
web. They are trying to unify the look of all gnome related webs, which I
believe is a good purpose so I'll try to help with the gnome-web (unles
you think I shouldn't).

If you believe what I've already done is ready to be published I'll commit
it to CVS (I still need an account). Then I'll start working to make it
easy to add news, new documentation, etc...

> > bye,
> >       Jorge
> >
> > PD: In my PHP instalation include/html.php cannot be found unless I put
> > symbolic links in every directory (you can try to wach the documentation
> > page in the url above to know what i mean). Do you know why this happens?
> >
> you must add, to the php.ini file (in debian, it's in /etc/php4/apache/php.ini),
>
> the include directory to the include_path variable.

It worked! Thanks!

> cheers

Bye,
	Jorge