Re: [gnome-db]gnome-db web

On 30 Jan 2001 22:53:15 +0100, Jorge Ferrer Zarzuela wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 30 Jan 2001, Carlos Perell  Marín wrote:
>
> > El 29 Jan 2001 23:24:11 +0100, Jorge Ferrer Zarzuela escribió:
> >
> > [...]
> > > >
> > > I meant the stats pages. I haven't found them in CVS. I suppose this is
> > > because they are part of the webalizer package.
> >
> > Yes, you are right, but i could open an account at gnome-db.org and you
> > could play with it.
> >
> That would be great. Anyway I've thought of a simpler way to give the
> stats (and other external page) a gnome-db look with a simple php page
> which adds the header and footer and includes the file (I've already coded
> it, just 3 lines of code). This could be used for the online documentation
> too.

yes, please, do it :)

> > > That's a great idea.
> >
> > Ok, i will do it this night, but i don't control the DNS records (at
> > this moment). It will be available tomorrow (i hope)
> >

> I've already made some changes. Please take a look at them at:
>
> http://213.96.219.184/
>
> Main changes are in the index.php page. I've added the news (manually yet)
> and direct links to download ftp directories and the manuals. I've used
> some of tigert's icons. If you don't like having icons I'll remove them
> (but they are easier to hit than text, aren't they?).
>
> I've also added a few pixels of space among the options in the menu so
> that it's harder to click the wrong item.

well, please go on, that page you've made is right now millions of times
better than the current one at www.gnome-db.org ! And yes, please, use
icons, and give it more color if you don't like the grey/white/black
current look

nice work!

> > --
> > Carlos Perelló Marín
> > mailto:carlos gnome-db org
> > mailto:carlos hispalinux es
> > http://www.gnome-db.org
> > http://www.Hispalinux.es
> > Valencia - España
> >

> bye,
>       Jorge
>
> PD: In my PHP instalation include/html.php cannot be found unless I put
> symbolic links in every directory (you can try to wach the documentation
> page in the url above to know what i mean). Do you know why this happens?

you must add, to the php.ini file (in debian, it's in /etc/php4/apache/php.ini),

the include directory to the include_path variable.