Re: [gnome-db]0.2.90 tarballs

On 06 Aug 2001 11:16:23 +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 06:26:22PM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Ok, tarballs for the 0.2.90 release are now available at
> > ftp://ftp.gnome-db.org/pub/gnome-db/sources/0.2.90/.
> >
> > Could people test them and tell me of any problems found? Also, a simple
> > "yes, it works" message would be appreciated.
> >

> Here are the problems I have found:
> * GDA configure does not find missing files in report (this
>   has no incidence on the working).

yes, we added the other day the report's Makefiles to configure.in, but
the report directory is not in the tarball. Next time, I'll remove those
Makefiles from configure.in before doing the release. But, well, as you
say, it does not harm

> * I can't run gnomedb-fe because it says it can't find gnomedb-fe.xml
>   (although it is installed in /usr/local/share/gnome-db/,for which
>   I had to create a symlink because it gets installed in /usr/local/share/gnome/ui).

it should be in $(prefix)/share/gnome/ui, where prefix is where Bonobo
is installed. It seems you're using the same prefix for Bonob than for
gnome-db, so it's really weird. But maybe it's got something to do with
the other error you're getting

> Also I have a problem with gASQL which compiles fine but crashes when I
> call the function gda_connection_open().
> The only thing it says is:
> Message: Successfully registered `OAFIID:Bonobo_Moniker_std_Factory'
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> gdb says it stopped in CORBA_Object_duplicate () from /usr/lib/libORBit.so.0
> which is called in bonobo_moniker_util_qi_return () from /usr/lib/libbonobo.so.2
>
> I have upgraded to the latest ORBit, bonobo, GConf and oaf.

try also latest Bonobo, although it's quite strange. The moniker stuff
is all done by Bonobo (I mean, there are no calls from the gnome-db/gda
code to the moniker system, apart from the bonobo_get_object. So, it
really seems something weird with your Bonobo setup.

Can you make a more detailed debugging session? That is, add a
breakpoint to gda_connection_open and run step by step there, to see
where it's failing. And, when it fails, just get a backtrace (command bt
in gdb) and send it to the list.

Just in case it is useful, that's what I've got:

ii  libbonobo-dev  1.0.7.cvs20010 CVS build of The GNOME Bonobo library
- deve
un  libbonobo1     <none>         (no description available)
ii  libbonobo2     1.0.7.cvs20010 CVS build of The GNOME Bonobo library.
ii  gconf          1.0.3.cvs20010 GNOME configuration database system.
(daemon
ii  libgconf-dev   1.0.3.cvs20010 CVS build of GNOME libgconf -
development fi
un  libgconf10     <none>         (no description available)
ii  libgconf11     1.0.3.cvs20010 CVS build of GNOME libgconf
un  libgconf8      <none>         (no description available)
un  libgconf9      <none>         (no description available)
ii  libcorba-orbit 0.4.3-3        ORBit module for Perl
ii  liborbit-dev   0.5.8-ximian.1 Dev libraries for ORBit - a CORBA ORB
ii  liborbit0      0.5.8-ximian.1 Libraries for ORBit - a CORBA ORB
ii  orbit          0.5.8-ximian.1 A CORBA ORB (used with Gnome)
ii  liboaf-dev     0.6.6.cvs20010 CVS build of The GNOME Objet
Activation Fram
ii  liboaf0        0.6.6.cvs20010 CVS build of The GNOME Objet
Activation Fram
ii  oaf            0.6.6.cvs20010 CVS build of The GNOME Object
Activation Fra

so, as you can see, most of them are from CVS (thanks to Akira who makes
packages)