Re: [gnome-db]0.2.90 tarballs

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 06:26:22PM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Ok, tarballs for the 0.2.90 release are now available at
> ftp://ftp.gnome-db.org/pub/gnome-db/sources/0.2.90/.
>
> Could people test them and tell me of any problems found? Also, a simple
> "yes, it works" message would be appreciated.

Here are the problems I have found:
* GDA configure does not find missing files in report (this
  has no incidence on the working).
* I can't run gnomedb-fe because it says it can't find gnomedb-fe.xml
  (although it is installed in /usr/local/share/gnome-db/,for which
  I had to create a symlink because it gets installed in /usr/local/share/gnome/ui).

Also I have a problem with gASQL which compiles fine but crashes when I
call the function gda_connection_open().
The only thing it says is:
Message: Successfully registered `OAFIID:Bonobo_Moniker_std_Factory'
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

gdb says it stopped in CORBA_Object_duplicate () from /usr/lib/libORBit.so.0
which is called in bonobo_moniker_util_qi_return () from /usr/lib/libbonobo.so.2

I have upgraded to the latest ORBit, bonobo, GConf and oaf.

Do you know what the problem is?

Thanks,

Vivien