RE: Compile Issues

-----Original Message-----
> I went to FINALLY install libgda.

:-)

> ./autogen.sh then seemed to work ok, at least no more complaining.  I
> then did a make and got not noticeable errors.  However I get the
> following when doing the make install.
>
> /usr/bin/install -c .libs/gda-run /usr/local/bin/gda-run
> /bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/bin
>  /usr/bin/install -c  gda-config /usr/local/bin/gda-config
>  /usr/bin/install -c  gda-buildserver /usr/local/bin/gda-buildserver
>  /usr/bin/install -c  gda-buildclient /usr/local/bin/gda-buildclient
> make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dneighbo/cvs/gnome-db/libgda/tools'
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dneighbo/cvs/gnome-db/libgda/tools'
> Making install in testing
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/dneighbo/cvs/gnome-db/libgda/testing'
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../lib/gda-common
> -I../lib/gda-client
> -I/usr/include -I/usr/lib/glib/include 	-I/usr/lib/glib/include    -g
> -O2 -c gda-test.c
> In file included from ../lib/gda-common/gda-common.h:30,
>                  from gda-test.c:8:
> /usr/include/gnome.h:12: gnomesupport.h: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [gda-test.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dneighbo/cvs/gnome-db/libgda/testing'
> make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
>
> Seems the testing suite is having issues.  Any ideas?

Hmm... That error occurs because gda-common.h includes gnome.h.
So actually every program using gda includes gnome.h indirectly and
must therefore provide the path to the gnome include files in the
INCLUDES variable in the Makefile.am.
The removement of that gnome dependency is one of the most urgent
tasks in gda and Rodrigo is working heavily on that.

Meanwhile, to be able to compile the testing program, you can replace
GLIB_CFLAGS by GDA_CLIENT_CFLAGS (the LIBS variables need not
be changed).

Sorry for the delay this error of mine has caused to your progress.

Rodrigo: Such issues are the reason why I argue that headers including
other headers should be reduced to a minimum. :-)

All: The testing program that is currently in cvs is a _start_, nothing more.
At the moment the code changes daily, and I will check in regularly as soon
as I have a cvs account. Meanwhile, if somebody wants to use it, please
email me and I will send the newest patch.

Reinhard