report engine

Hi all!

After looking at Derek's proposals about the report engine, I think this
is the way to do it. The only thing I don't agree is in the
implementation outside of GDA. This is because having it outside of GDA
will make other applications using it add yet another dependency.

What I suggest is to add a CORBA server to GDA (gda-report) which
implements the server engine, and then have a libgda-report library to
be used by clients. This lib would be a wrapper around the CORBA
interfaces, as the current libgda does. In this way, the data-access
part would stay independent of the report engine, thus not adding
unneeded features to applications just wanting to use this part.

Have you got any IDL already done about this?