compiling gnome-db from cvs

dear gnome-db hackers

I intend to use gnome-db as backend for an financial application.
I tried the debs but they did not work because I have seem to
have the wrong version of bonobo

Then I gave the 0.0.96 tarball a try but the compilation did fail because
of some oaf/gnorba issues

so now I am trying to compile from cvs. Am I right that I should first compile
libgda ? If yes, this fails with the following message :

/usr/bin/orbit-idl -I/usr/local/share/idl -I../../idl `gnome-config --cflags idl` ../../idl/gda.idl
../../idl/gda.idl:22: Warning: `LOCK_READONLY' underscores within identifiers are discouraged for use with C-language IDL mappings
../../idl/gda.idl:199: Error: `GNOME' undeclared identifier

** WARNING **: ../../idl/gda.idl compilation failed

this could be because because it includes gnome-factory.idl which I can not find on my filesystem
Could someone please tell me which library does contain this file ? LXR doesn't find it on cvs

THX

alain