Re: compiling gnome-db from cvs

alani> when I try to start gda-fe with your debs, it prints the following msg
alani> gda-fe: error in loading shared libraries:
alani> /usr/lib/libgda-components.so.0: undefined symbol: bonobo_container_get_type

libgda-components.so.0? this is old name. I look it so that
an old libraries and an old program is left.
my debs should contain libgnomedbcomponents.so.0.

alani> with objdump -T /usr/lib/libbonobo.so | grep bonobo_container_get_type I found
alani> out that bonobo_container_get_type seems to be in the library
alani> /usr/lib/libbonobox.so
alani> I think the problem are those bonobo and oaf packages from helix-evolution

well, currently, bonobo-0.18-helix1 disappears from
helixcode's ftp site.
Don't these libraries become 'obsolate' when you execute
'apt-get update'?

It's for the solution way that I know to install bonobo of
woody.

>> I don't know why gnome-factory.idl doesn't look, but,
>> gnome-libs-1-0 branch really includes it.
alani> well, if I just browse the cvs with bonsai I cannot find it
alani> could it be that they have renamed it to gnome-unknown.idl ??

No. maybe it's bug of bonsai? you will understand it if you
try to execute 'cvs co'.

--
Akira TAGOH