Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: POP3 Provider

>  NotZed <notzed@helixcode.com> wrote:
>
> Weill youg et to the point?
>
> What do you want to use it for?

in gnome-db, we've got a series of IDL interfaces for accessing a data
source. For each different kind of data source (= DBMS, postgres, mysql,
oracle...), a CORBA server implementing these interfaces must be
written. Right now, we're only supporting DBMS data sources, but as
we're adding a way of sending commands in XML format, we want to extend
the set of data sources supported by gnome-db, by having non-DBMS
providers (providers = CORBA servers implementing the gnome-db
interfaces). In this way, you'll be able to access these non-DBMS data
sources as if it were a database.

The first one has been LDAP (not finished yet though), and we were now
thinking on adding a provider for accessing mail servers. So, it was
proposed to use evolution (or libcamel) for that.