Recent License Stuff In The News

Perhaps this sheds a small amount of light...

http://crystal.linuxgames.com/rms.html

I would like to bring up again also that since libGDA is a CORBA server
it is my understanding it can be GPL and work with ANY product... As
long as they dont embed or directly link libGDA into a non-GPL
compatiable product.  So I dont see the concern for "popularity" here as
the server could be used with about any product just not extended in
prop products.

As for the providers I think they are probably better left GPL as since
you must interact with third party code it will vary from provider to
provider.  As some have pointed out a few can be GPL, but what about
Oracle, DB2 etc...

Any how licensing is never fun and usually brings out the 'best' in
people. :)  Good thing is gnome-db will be either GPL or LGPL. :)

Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise
http://www.gnue.org
derek gnue org