Re: Sobre las querys en XML

Rodrigo,

I had heard of XQL or something similar before and wondered the same
thing.  I took a _quick_ look at the proposal and this is what scared
me....

XML Query Language (XQL)

Authors:

       Jonathan Robie, Texcel, Inc.
       Joe Lapp, webMethods, Inc.
       David Schach, Microsoft Corporation

Contributors:

       Michael Hyman, Microsoft Corporation
       Jonathan Marsh, Microsoft Corporation

Is this another SOAP.  An attempt by Microsoft to embrace and extend web
standards? or true innovation.  I am curious what other similar
standards that are possibly less vendor biased are out there.  Some one
once said, "The great thing about standards, are that there are so many
to choose from.".

Also, I think a lot of work has gone into XML Queries and if any
existing standard looks good we should do a stringent comparission and
make sure it meets our needs.  One thing that always make me leary of
standards.  Is usually they are created by groups above. :)  This means
a little guy like libGDA with a good 'addition' stands about no chance
of getting it in to the standard.

We know if a good idea is out there we can readily get it in XML
Queries.  In some respects I wish the Free Software Foundation were more
active in standards groups to help assure that the little guy wasnt lost
but I think RMS put it about as clear as one can...

    The other option which perhaps RMS could weigh in on is, should we
be
    considering make some of our own free standards.

<RMS>
How would this differ from simply writing the program
and telling people how to communicate with it?
</RMS>

Or in other words making de facto standards by having the best stuff. :)

Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise
http://www.gnue.org
derek gnue org