Re: www.gnome-db.org/projects

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 09:16:39AM -0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > That is a good idea, but is that simply a summary and a link to the
> > homepage gASQL now has at sourceforge, or a complete hosting that you
> are
> > thinking about?
> >
> well, I was thinking on hosting the project at www.gnome-db.org, not
> just a link or a summary

Ok, I will then put a link from the sourceforge page to the gnome-db.org one.

> then we could
> > > use much more band width.
> kind of web pages
> > > is a CVS (at TorresQuevedo) and then in a crontab entry put the web
> site (as
> > > Gnome and HispaLinux does?
> >
> yes, that was also what I am suggesting. In fact, the gnome-db web pages
> are now on CVS, so,
> if we're going to put gASQL and whatever, of course, it will go to the
> same CVS tree.
>
> And I am working on automating the generation of the web pages. As soon
> as I've got something
> working, we can add that cron job Carlos is talking about.
>
> The automation is needed to generate the docs, etc
>
> So, if you all agree, Vivien, you can start adding the gASQL pages to
> gnome-db CVS. That is,
> under the gnome-db/www/projects/gASQL directory
>

>From what I've seen, gnome-db.org has support for PHP, which leads me to the
following question: do we want to ensure a "common" look and feel for the projects
hosted at gnome-db.org? At the moment, gASQL uses a rendering engine called Tayau.
Maybe changing the pages to look more like the gnome-db.org
pages would be nice? Tayau is quite nice (have a look at gasql.sourceforge.net).

What do you think?