Re: new release

Hi!

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 12:32:29PM -0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Subject: new release
> From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo linuxave net>
> To: "GDA" <gnome-db-list gnome org>
> Date: 14 Nov 2000 12:32:29 -0100
> Sender: gnome-db-list-admin gnome org
>
> Hi all!
>
> Antoher thing: I've been talking in private with Akira about making
> weekly packages from CVS
> (debs and RPMs) and he agreed, so after this new release, there will be
> weekly packages built
> to avoid the "hundred" messages we get between one release and another
> about people
> having problems with the bonobo/GConf/oaf versions installed on their
> systems.
>
> And, Holger: do you think the sybase provider is ready to be packaged as
> the other stable
> providers for this new release? If so, I'll take into account this when

I'm sorry it isn't, yet.

The old source in gda-sybase-server should compile if the
dnl lines in configure.in somebody put in are commented out. But this needs
to be linked against the sybase's commercial openclient libs to compile.

The freetds-server now connects to an ase server, but cannot issue sql
commands to the server yet (like use database_xy). So it would be useless
at this point. I wanted to check on this problem this weekend, but i cannot
promise i'll make it usable in that short time. ;-)

Ciao,

  Holger

PS: Another problem will be that i suppose (i don't know for sure...) that the
system database tables of MS-SQL defer from the Sybase tables (as sysdatabases
for information about databases, syscolumns for any column in any table in
the database etc.). So the schemes will not work with an MS SQL server when
ready (and have to be adapted to also work with MS SQ from somebody else,
then).