Re: gnome-db controls browser

Vivien Malerba wrote:

> On jeu, 04 mai 2000, you wrote:
> > Vivien, How much time you need to have the postgres config usable? I ask
> > because as we said last week, we should make a new release very soon. If
> > you need too much time, we'll make the release without it, but if not,
> > it would be nice to not only have the ODBC driver manager.
>
> I have done the users list component (managing everything regarding the users)
> and I'm doing right now the access control component (which user, group, etc
> has access (select, insert, etc) to which table, etc). I hope to commit
> something working this evening (quite late probably). Then I need a bit more
> work to tie together all the components (for example, if you add a user in one
> component, every component dealing with users should be updated). I expect to
> do this maybe tomorrow morning.
>
> Then I'll propose a set of properties that all gnome-db-control should have
> (depending on the kind of control), and wait for your remarks!
>
> But there are still some problems with bonobo (I can't set any properties right
> now, neither get some, etc), so the components are useless. To test them I put
> some parameters in the code which should normally be put using properties (like
> the DSN and user). Anyway the components are unusable right now (except after
> recompilation).

I promise I am going to have a look at the bonobo properties handling
tonight. I hadn't thought on the DSN, username stuff, but you're right,
for almost all the providers (except the ODBC one) you'll need a
connection to the database. So this will be our work till Monday.

> So maybe we should put them in the code, but not install them as a default (by
> not making a copy of the .gnorba file in /etc/...).

Perfect! so everybody agree to have the release on Monday?

Cheers