Re: gnome-db controls browser

On jeu, 04 mai 2000, you wrote:
> Vivien, How much time you need to have the postgres config usable? I ask
> because as we said last week, we should make a new release very soon. If
> you need too much time, we'll make the release without it, but if not,
> it would be nice to not only have the ODBC driver manager.

I have done the users list component (managing everything regarding the users)
and I'm doing right now the access control component (which user, group, etc
has access (select, insert, etc) to which table, etc). I hope to commit
something working this evening (quite late probably). Then I need a bit more
work to tie together all the components (for example, if you add a user in one
component, every component dealing with users should be updated). I expect to
do this maybe tomorrow morning.

Then I'll propose a set of properties that all gnome-db-control should have
(depending on the kind of control), and wait for your remarks!

But there are still some problems with bonobo (I can't set any properties right
now, neither get some, etc), so the components are useless. To test them I put
some parameters in the code which should normally be put using properties (like
the DSN and user). Anyway the components are unusable right now (except after
recompilation).

So maybe we should put them in the code, but not install them as a default (by
not making a copy of the .gnorba file in /etc/...).

Cheers!