Sybase and Gnomedb

I have sifted through the list archives looking for something relating to
Syabse.  Unfortunatly I found nothing.  I am exploring different methods of
connecting to our sybase server with a gtk front end.  Gnome-DB looks
promising.  I have however come across my first problem.  The gdalib file.
I have used gda-mgr to set it up.  It is as follows:

[Datasources]
TEST=TEST

[TEST]
Provider=sybase
DNS=HOST=123.123.123.123;PORT=4100
Description=TEST DB
Username=IT
Configurator=None

When using the "gda-fe" I get the error upon attempting to connect:

"Could not open CORBA factory"

I am lost to what this error indicates.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

thx

--
Lee Smith
IT Support Operative