Re: new MySQL provider

Chris Wiegand wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>
> Oh, okay. I'll have to check it out when I get home (telnet sessions are a
> god-send). Will you be adding other stuff (or examples) for the missing
> items?. Also, have/can you mark(ed) the "buggy" areas so that I can
> concentrate on them?

Well, the buggy areas are mainly on the libgda-server. So, you can
concentrate on adding all the missing things, which are mainly:

* schemas: look at the documentation. There you'll find explanations on
which data you must return for each schema. And look at the postgres
provider for an example on how this is done. This is the most important
thing.
* type mapping: I've added mappings for some MySQL types to GDA types,
but some are missing
* speed: I don't know why, but it seems a bit slower right now

Cheers