Re: new MySQL provider and web site

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Well, the buggy areas are mainly on the libgda-server. So, you can
> concentrate on adding all the missing things, which are mainly:
>
> * schemas: look at the documentation. There you'll find explanations on
> which data you must return for each schema. And look at the postgres
> provider for an example on how this is done. This is the most important
> thing.
> * type mapping: I've added mappings for some MySQL types to GDA types,
> but some are missing
> * speed: I don't know why, but it seems a bit slower right now

Wow....MUCH easier to understand...levels and levels of complexity
removed.. I'm still amazed as I type...

I'll start working on these issues as soon as I can. I'm starting a new
job wednesday, so for awhile my life may be a little hectic. Sadly, this
may also affect my ability with work on the web pages as well. I checked
out the cvs for the webpages, and I'm ready to go, but I have to download
the old site, and merge everything into the new site, and that takes time
that I don't know if I'll have or not. Hopefully I'll know better by
Friday.