Re: [Fwd: Re: Pregunta sobre el estado de gnome-db para el desarrollo]

Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:

> Vivien escribió:

> > > Ok, i will study it, thanks. Are you working on it?
> > >

> > I'm working on an implementation of the XmlQuery object, which follows that
> > proposal (I've so far modified just a bit the DTD, but not much).
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Vivien
>
> Well, i have read your link
> (http://www.gnome.org:65348/gnome-db/doc/XML_queries_proposal.html), i
> don't have any experience with XML, but i will learn :-).

As we're going to add GTK objects to wrap the Gda_XmlQuery (and some
more), you don't have to deal too much with XML for this part, but you
should do it for the file format to be used to save the report. There is
some code in the gda-clnt directory (gda-xml.[ch]), which shows you a
little bit how to make this wrappers. Although, you should better have a
look at other code, because it's not very clean. You can find more info
at developer.gnome.org, there's a libxml tutorial there.

> I don't know were i must start with all this. Some idea? (if not,  I
> will begun with the integration with GLADE to build the form's editor,
> ok?.

IMO, you should start by wrapping the Gda_Report (or whatever name you
use) as is Vivien going to do with the Gda_XmlQuery object. For this,
you make wrapper functions for all access to the XML stuff (save, load,
set_property, add_*, ....). Then, being able to programatically modify,
load and save this XML file format, you build the gnome-print stuff
(preview and printing), and the UI designer based in glade/libglade.

And in the code:
* in gda-clnt/ -> add a gda-report object (like it's done with
recordset, connection*) to be able to manage a XML file representing the
report.
* in gda-clnt-ui -> use the gnome-db-report.* files for all the UI
stuff: printing and preview and UI designer

I haven't all this very clear myself, so if I'm wrong, correct me.