Re: restructuration

Hi!

On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 01:04:09AM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Just a quick note for Ismael (in CC) in Spanish, sorry!
>
> [Ismael, para tí es la pregunta de los RPMS]
>
> The RPM issue reminds me another thing. Right now, there is a spec file
> containing all the gnome-db packages. So, to build the RPMS, you need to
> have installed PostgreSQL, MySQL, ODBC, and Oracle (and very soon other
> DBMS when the in-development providers work) to be able to build the
> RPMS. This is ok for me for the moment, because I've got all this
> installed in my machine, but not for other people, or even for myself
> when DB2, Sybase, etc, etc are included. I don't want to have hundreds

Sybase provider is usable now, the diffs just went out to Stephan for
inclusion.
I'd suggest that libraries will be packaged first and each provider will
be moved into a separate package, being build on the basic of the packaged
libraries. I don't have a clue how this can be done using rpm, though.

Ciao,

  Holger
--
Operator excuse of the instant: