restructuration

Hi all!

Just a quick note for Ismael (in CC) in Spanish, sorry!

[Ismael, para tí es la pregunta de los RPMS]

Due to the clean separation we've got now between the GDA and GNOME-DB
layers, there are some namespaces issues that need to be fixed.

For instance, the client UI part contains a set of widgets called
GnomeDb*, but the library is called libgda-client-ui, and there are
several functions called gda_ui_*.
Also, the components lib is the same: GnomeDbControl, GnomeDbComponent,
etc, but library called libgda-components and components are in an
executable called gda-components.

So, to do so, there are some things to do:
* sed all files to replace gda with gnome-db in the Gnome part (I'll do
it myself)
* debian packages: Akira, you should create 2 new packages (libgda and
libgda-devel, as you did in the first time when you sent me the debian
files). Also, the provider packages should be changed to gda-mysql,
gda-postgres, etc instead of gnome-db-mysl, ... and they should only
depend in libgda, not gnome-db. Sorry for this, this was the stuff you
did in the first attempt, so my apologies. But note that the gnome-db
and gnome-db-devel packages should not be removed, as they'll contain
all the GNOME-specific part.
* RPM packages: I need advice on this. Right now there is a spec file
building package gnome-db and subpackages postgres (results in
gnome-db-postgres), mysql (gnome-db-mysql), ... So, how can I do to
change this behavior and have a libgda (instead of gnome-db-libgda),
libgda-devel (instead of gnome-db-libgda-devel)... Do I need several
spec files?

The RPM issue reminds me another thing. Right now, there is a spec file
containing all the gnome-db packages. So, to build the RPMS, you need to
have installed PostgreSQL, MySQL, ODBC, and Oracle (and very soon other
DBMS when the in-development providers work) to be able to build the
RPMS. This is ok for me for the moment, because I've got all this
installed in my machine, but not for other people, or even for myself
when DB2, Sybase, etc, etc are included. I don't want to have hundreds
of DBMS in my system! So, how can I separate this so that you can build
the oracle part, or the core part, etc independently.

What I do to build the RPMS now is:

cd gnome-db
make dist
mv gnome-db-x.x.xx.tar.gz /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
cd /usr/src/redhat
rpm -ta SOURCES/gnome-db-x.x.xx.tar.gz

Cheers